Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year & A Blessed Epiphany...

I'd like to wish the two or three people who wander by here a Happy New Year and a Blessed Epiphany.  We call the latter Women's Christmas or Nollaig na mBan in this part of Ireland.  I told my parishioners that today is a lovely day to give thanks again for Christ's coming among us as Light to the Nations in a more low-key and demanding way than Christmas Day itself.  (Thus, Women's Christmas when busy mothers should have the chance to have a rest a celebration.)

In parish news, we had a most unusual group of people auditioning for our choir recently:

Alas, it's not quite what we're looking for.

2 comments:

Faith said...

Nollaig na mBan. Life was busy as usual for this mother, but I came upon your blog while googling James P. Mackey. Great to find some well written theological reflection going on among the recently ordained. I don't know if I'll agree with you all the time, but think that I will be popping in and out for some food for thought. Happy New Year.

Brendan Allen said...

Happy New Year and keep up the good work Father!